The Cape Town Holocaust Centre strives to further Holocaust education through:
- Providing accurate historical content knowledge of the Holocaust to develop an understanding of the past
- Facilitating the making of connections between the Human Rights atrocities committed during the Holocaust and those being committed today, so that the moral and ethical issues raised can be instructive in dealing with contemporary challenges of human rights abuses, for example xenophobia, racism and bigotry
- Encouraging a commitment to the protection of Human Rights to support the building of a Human Rights culture and to encourage respect for diversity
- Encouraging social activism and a greater individual responsibility to building the community
- Encouraging empathy and compassion and a deeper understanding of what it means to be human.